Friday, June 13, 2008

Elder Pitt

Latest letter...June 9, 2008

Dear Family,
Well, it has been exactly 5 months since I entered the MTC, can you believe it? I sure can't. Time is flying by which just gives me more motivation to give it my all every day.
So...I got the big wedding invite. It was pretty crazy to see but it's pretty exciting as well. I hope all the preparations are coming along well. Mom, Mary, Hyrum, Isaac, thanks for the e-mails. This week seemed to crawl by so it was good to hear from you all. I am certainly glad to hear that everyone is still alive. Isaac, that was way too close. Take care of yourself cause I want to come home and still have my little bro. I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father though, that you made it out alright.
So I guess I'll get on to the big news. My comp's name is Elder Oborn. He is tall and has red hair. Probably the best word to describe him is eccentric. He is the senior companion cause he has only 3 months left. I was a little worried at first, but I've grown to love him. Mostly because he is a really good missionary. He is obedient and he does things very thoroughly. Like our planning sessions are awesome. He is good at keeping the lessons focused and he is direct in extending in invitations and getting people to talk. He also is the opposite of a procrastinator. If something needs doing, why wait? He also likes to cook and keep a clean apartment so we did a lot of cleaning today. But I was happy about that.
So far as far as the work goes, we are really focusing on trying to keep close contact with people and help them progress. Instead of tracting for hours at a time we find productive things to do to help our investigators. It has been good. There is one man, Dennis, who Elder Estrada and I taught twice but then he dropped us because he was really busy. Well we got in contact with him and we taught him this week and he came to church. He really understands things well and wants to do what is right so hopefully things continue to go well with him.
Lyndsay is starting to show more interest and is starting to pray more. She has a lot of changes to make but I think that she is willing if we just keep her feeling the spirit.
Things are good. Thanks to all the nieces and nephews, I loved the poster. Congrats Ard. Mom, just keep sending the meds, it's working out well. I love you all.
Love,
Elder Pitt
P.S. Be grateful for the dry heat. It is extremely humid out here now.

No comments: