Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Mary's Musings

Hmmm...what to talk about this month. Oh yeah, I turned 28.
Ummm...so far it's pretty much the same as 27. Happy Birthday to
Jenna who has the best birthday in the whole world as well, and is now
officially no longer a teenager. Let's see...I had an article come
out in the Wasatch Women magazine. I know I showed a couple of you,
but if you haven't had a chance to read it, it should now be out in
stores. It has a picture of Jill Stevens (Miss Utah) on the front.
It is an article written by Brooke Walker (a host for Studio Five)
about eating disorders. I would be interested to hear your reactions
to it. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out, particularly
because it focused on perfectionism, OCD, and an eating disorder being
a product of that vs. just wanting to be skinny. I think in this
mormon culture, perfectionism is a big reason for a lot of the ills
that are in effect. Anyway, I hope it can be helpful to someone.
I have quit going to my neurofeedback brain therapy. Once again my
doctors and I hit a wall and "they just don't understand why my brain
reacts so differently than they expect and usually see." Hence, they
just don't know what more to do with me...and I can't blame them, I
certainly know how that feels. Oh well.
I am excited for Hyrum and Jenna to be returning to Utah soon--it will
be fun to have them around more. Miriam and Jordan, so sorry to hear
about your basement--and your lawn. When it rains it pours. Ryan and
Jen and family, hope you are all feeling better. It's always fun to
have Jason around more when his family is gone (though we miss Jenny
and the kids). Leesh and Trav, your mailbox looks great on your
doorstep :). We miss the Tennessee-ites as always and I can't believe
I haven't even seen my latest nephew yet. I'm excited for Kenna and
Alli (and mostly Ardi!) to be starting school for the first time soon.
If any of you haven't heard Melissa play the violin yet, you should
ask her to play for you. She's a concert violinist in the making.
And, I think that's about all. Love you guys--thanks for all your
prayers and support.
Love always,
Mary

No comments: