Friday, August 8, 2008

Happenings from American Fork

Dear Family,

While I have a magical moment I thought I would post our entry for August. July was a full month and we are so amazed at how much can happen in one month.

First, thank you to everyone who came down and supported Joshua in his decision to be baptized. What a special day that was and we are so thankful for all of our family and the love they give us!

As most of you know I got a new calling this past month. I have the opportunity to serve as the young women's president in our ward. I am loving the calling and learning so much! The girls I get to serve are amazing and I feel lucky to spend Sundays and Tuesdays with them. Ryan has been a trooper having to shoulder the night time and Sunday family load a bit more. I couldn't ask for a better husband!

We also had the chance to go to a Jorgensen family reunion at Bear Lake that was awful for the parents and lots of fun for the kids. Our sleeping conditions were of such that neither of us parents slept more than 1 to 2 hours and Rebekah & Matthias managed to not sleep much either. Top that off with the problems I have been having with my eyes as late, getting the van stuck etc . . . we left the trip a night early so that we could get some sleep. It all worked out and like I said the kids had a fantastic time playing with new cousins (my cousin's kids) that it worked out just fine. I still am having problems with my eyes but we are going to a different doctor on monday and I hope he can help me out more than my optomotrist was able to. And we are all looking forward to an opposite experience at Bear Lake in a couple of weeks.

We want to thank Mom and Dad again for taking the time to come down and be with our kids while Ryan and I got to go celebrate a belated anniversary. We had a great time going to dinner and then to the Martina McBride concert where we had awesome seats and got to hear great music! It was nice to have a night out where we didn't have to worry about the kids and just spend time together. It's been a while for that to happen.

The kids are doing great. Matthias got his first tooth, he's only 11 months :) and the kids are ready to start school in a week. Soccer started for us this past week! Dance starts back up in about two weeks! Can we believe that fall is right around the corner?!

Ryan and I are planning on running a relay marathon with some friends of ours. So we have been having fun with running with friends, and looking forward to the challenge.

Not much else going on here. I know I am looking forward to seeing everyone at bear lake. It feels like forever since I have seen many of you and we sure do miss you!

Hope you all have an amazing August and know that we love you down here in AF.

Love Jenn, Ryan, and the crew

No comments: