Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Eight is Great!


Hello everyone!

I think the big news since the last time we wrote is: YES Lauren can walk!! I told her that Nursery would be rough if we didn't spend more time working on it at home. Although I kinda missed the "Frankenstein Walk" stage, it was pretty funny to see her just decide one day she was going to do it, and on July 4th she officially took off. I think Lauren was holding out for the holiday too so that it would be easier on her dear mother to remember exactly when it all started. She has officially gone to two weeks of Nursery as well (ok, she only stayed one hour the second week, but hey). The last few weeks have been incredibly crazy as Jerem and I have completely tag teamed. First he was at Scout camp for a week, then Rachel, Melissa and I went to Cedar City for a few days and then Jerem and Dad went fishing. phew. It will be so fun to be all together at Bear Lake for a last hurahh before school starts.

Thanks to Papa Pitt, I've been reading a lot about family work and establishing the cause of Zion. To have these quotes running through my mind like that all day and making more divine what I am doing continually has been a real blessing. So easily do we lose perspective. It also made me so grateful for the examples of Mom and Dad Pitt, who seem to never lose perspective. I'm grateful for a good home, I'm grateful for Jerem who I'm ever so indebted to my Heavenly Father for giving me to, I'm grateful for little people to snuggle with and who forgive and love so easily, I'm grateful for the gospel, I'm grateful for a wonderful family who I learn from and love so much, I'm grateful for rocking chairs and reading the cross-stitch that Grandma Marshall made for me "Cleaning & Scrubbing can wait till tomorrow....", and when cleaning can't wait till tomorrow....I'm grateful for magic erasers and 409 and washing machines and vacuums, I'm grateful for ancestors who have gone ahead and shown us that even when life is really really hard, that through Divine help we can make it.....and we should turn to that example in conquering hard things now although usually not as physical as their's were, and I'm grateful for our Savior who has shown us the way and made it possible to live with Heavenly Father again. We love you all and pray for you. Thank you for who you are and how that makes raising our family so much easier and better.

Love, Catherine and Jerem

No comments: