Friday, November 13, 2009

A long overdue update!!

Well hello family!! Jenna here.. since so much has been going on lately, I figured you all deserve an update from the Vegas Pitts. Annnnd... just to clear up any false excitement... this is no baby post.. at least not yet!

Speaking of baby though... things are going well. I still feel pretty good considering I'm due in less than a week. The nurses at my doctor's office always act like I'm so over due ("what are we going to do with you???") but I don't mind it. Maybe it's because we have so many other things going on to keep me busy and preoccupied (and maybe it's the anxiety of delivery... probably both!)

So many other things like our HOUSE!! I know... I know... most of you already know, but just in case you've slipped through the cracks, we bought a house and it is wonderful! We moved most of our stuff on Halloween (we're learning quickly that holidays get overshadowed as grown ups... how sad) and then officially moved in the following Wednesday when we got our fridge delivered. It's been a blast unpacking little by little and remembering all the things we have that haven't seen the light of day in 4 1/2 months ("so THAT'S where our towels went!!) Anyway... you can read more - and see pictures - about the house and our latest adventures (of which there have been many! who knew home ownership was so demanding?) on our blog which is hyrumandjenna.blogspot.com. Like Miriam we probably update that one a little bit more... not that much though :)

Our other great news is that even though we live so far, we got to spend the weekend with Mary a few weeks ago!! It was SO fun and we even got to celebrate our 1 year anniversary (4 months late!) by going together to see The Lion King. We really liked it, and if nothing else it is so fun to get out and do something SPECIAL. As always, Mary was wonderful and was so patient with me as I flip flopped between blue and green paint over and over... (we settled on a bluish green :)

Work continues to go well for Hyrum... he has a lot going on there and we're trying to remember that it's a blessing to be busy. I finished the last of my Physical Science lessons (yesterday, actually) so that's a relief. All I have left is to take the final exam (eek) and I will be officially done! It's kind of anticlimactic when you "graduated" six months ago, but eh that's ok.

Things are really going well.. I stumbled across a journal entry while unpacking the other day.. It was written on a scratch piece of paper way back in February when we first found out we were expecting. It just reiterated and reminded me how blessed we really have been and I am so grateful the Lord has provided us with so much- how appropriate that it is the Thanksgiving season. We love you all and we can't wait until we can come up and see you all soon!! (and show off our new little guy - and see all the other new sweet things) We'll send updates and pictures as soon as anything happens... Love you!

Jenna and Hyrum (and no-name... we're still working on it... :)

ps... is it bad luck if the baby is born today on Friday the 13th!!?

No comments: