Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm thankful for miracles...



I'm so words-can't-describe-thankful today for miracles, for the sealing power, for the knowledge that Sam and I really will be together forever.  Before we were sealed I always planned on it, prayed for it, hoped for it, wished for it, and felt that it would be, but it's just different now that we are really sealed as husband and wife.  What a wonderful, glorious day that will be...

I am also thankful beyond words for my two families.  Thank you, ALL of you, for your prayers, fasting,  unconditional love and support and acceptance of me.  I am so blessed to have such a network of love and support.  Thanks for believing in me and for being so good to me and helping this miracle come to pass.

And thank you to my husband Sam.  Thank you for loving me, always and forever.  Thank you for your patience (his patriarchal blessing says that his wife will teach him patience, but personally, I think it's the other way around :)  And thank you for working so hard in a work that is so important--for sacrificing this time we could have had with you because the Lord had important things for you to do.  I want you all to know that I believe that, even if I don't necessarily like it.  I still believe that Sam feels a sense of sadness that we are separated from him, but that he also has faith in NO EMPTY CHAIRS one day.  And until then, he has accepted this call--just like we sang at his funeral, "Called to serve HIM, Heavenly King of Glory, chosen heir to witness for His name."  Sam is a chosen heir and is witnessing and working in so glorious a cause.  I don't like the separation but as God has allowed us to feel, we really aren't that far away after all.  So, in the meantime, "Onward, ever onward, as we glory in His name...God our strength will be, press forward, ever called to serve our King!"  Whether that service is here or there, the cause is worth it.  And you are all invited to the Sam'n'Mary Hess mansion for brownies, rice krispy treats, and one super big fun party on a date to be announced...:)

Love Always,

Mary Elizabeth Pitt Hess


Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

Windows 7: It works the way you want. Learn more.

No comments: