Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mary's ever-exciting life...

Mi familia,

So, I know that I am one of the worst when it comes to posting updates but that mostly stems from the fact that very little changes in my life.  Therefore, I don't have very many interesting things to say.  However, I can always update you on OTHER people's lives so I'll start there.

Sam's brother Lige (whom many of you saw star in Aida at Viewmont) is a Valedictorian this year and also found out that he received the Monson Scholarship at BYU. (AKA the Hinckley scholarship :)  Very few people, especially boys from Utah, receive this all-inclusive scholarship so he's super-psyched.

Martha is doing alright.  Her counts aren't great right now, which indicates the cancer is fairly active, but she is hoping to get through Lige's graduation before doing any big treatments.  Thanks for all your prayers on her behalf--I know they help.

As for myself, I am currently pretty much the same.  I started on a new medication not long ago to help me sleep and it is finally feeling pretty consistant (it takes a while for the body to adjust).  Other than that I'm not doing therapy.  I saw my therapist last week and we pretty much just looked at each other the whole time:  he didn't know what to say other than what he's already said, and I pretty much didn't know what to say either.  Definitely a bit awkward and not worth the $115 :) So, for now I'm pretty much taking a break from that.  Hey, I warned you--nothing much exciting here!  My lastest reading endeavor has been re-reading some of my favorites and it's actually been kind of fun.  I'm surprised at how "new" they feel when it's often been a very long time since I read them initially.  However, I am still open to new titles from any of you readers out there.  I am often found grocery shopping for the family, perusing the DI in search of fabulous finds, and watching cheesy Hallmark's or Redbox rentals.  If anyone (especially you mothers out there) ever need me to be on the lookout for something in particular: new clothes for a certain kid, etc., just let me know and I will keep my eyes open while I shop the deals. 

Well, I don't want to overwhelm you with excitement so I will sign off for now.  I love you all--dearly.  Thanks for all your love and support.

Love always,
meph


Hotmail® has a new way to see what's up with your friends. Check it out.

No comments: