Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mary's Musings...

Family,

I can't believe it is already the second week of July. I missed all of you on the 4th and want you to know I was thinking of you at the parade, at Meg's party, etc. I can't believe Meggie is already two! It was a fun day for me as well mir, when she was born. Standing outside your room and hearing the doctor yell, "It's a girl!" was awesome. I didn't believe him at first, but when I saw your face I knew it was true. And after all our debating I'm glad she is your "Meg" and I also feel honored that she is "Meg Elizabeth."
As for me, therapy continues forward. My doctor (Dr. Kan--said like Kahn) is awesome. He is so good to me and is doing all he can to help this therapy do as much good as possible. He has told me, "Your brain is very stubborn and doesn't respond the way it is 'supposed' to...but it has intrigued me and I am determined to figure it out!" That meant a lot to me because it is usually at this point that my doctors say, "You know, your brain is really stubborn and is not responding the way it is supposed to...so I just don't know what else to do for you. Good luck." So I'm thankful for his persistence and help.
As many of you know, I spent the 4th of July at Sam's Zollinger family reunion. (Martha's maiden name is Zollinger.) It was hard, fun, good, and I felt honored and blessed that they wanted me there. I know many of you were probably like, "Hmmm, she never comes to our family stuff and yet she went to theirs..." and I hope it didn't hurt any feelings or make you think I like them more! Being with them makes me feel closer to Sam and I seek that closeness and feeling whenever possible. Also, I don't want you to think that it is just our family I get really anxious around and have to escape. Usually when I feel a panic attack coming on, that's when I go upstairs. However, at Park city I didn't have anywhere to go when this happened and I ended up having a full-blown attack that was pretty rough. Thankfully, one of God's tender mercies to me was that it was Martha who found me and she helped me through it. I tell you that, not to be like "Oh look at me and how hard it is," etc., but I tell you that so that you can know that YOU (as in the family, kids, etc.,) are not what I am avoiding when I am not around...it's the panic attacks I am trying to avoid. I hope that made sense and if it didn't, all I was trying to say is, "I love my family and I'm so grateful for all of your love and support."
This month I also had another article come out in the Wasatch Women magazine. I didn't write this one; instead, it was written about me and my experience with an eating disorder. I hope that it is okay with all of you that I went so "public" with this. I prayed and fasted that the article would be something that was helpful and good, and the girl who wrote it, (Brooke Walker from Studio 5 is the one who wrote it) told me that she prayed hard about it as well. I think I feel good about it...it's hard to be objective when it's YOU, so you'll have to let me know what you think. Thank you Alicia, for all your help as well. It means a lot to me that you would take so much time to help me out.
Well, I don't want to write a complete novel, so I'll sign off now. I really like this blogging thing...keep it up!
Love you,
Mary

Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger. IM on your terms.

No comments: