Monday, August 15, 2011

A more detailed letter from Isaac...

Here is the email Isaac wrote when he had more time.  I thought I would pass it along...and I tried to fix it up a bit so it is a little easier to read. :)

Family,

Hey, everything here is going really well. I love my new companion he will train me very well i think. His name is Elder Crawford. Me and him are actually a lot alike it is crazy. He is pushing me a lot which is good because it will make me learn faster. The first day I got here I had an appointment. Marco was his name. Of course all in spanish so it was crazy and I just bore my testimony which he said that he was only able to understand half of it but that is alright. My spanish is getting better slowly. Everytime we go to a less active members house or recent converts i alway give the lesson. Just a scripture and some thoughts about it so it has been good.

Well the area is nice, trashy and really crazy but it is good. They just split the area so that wasn't very good because we don't have any investigators right now. So we have been trying to find people this week and we are having no success. This week is going to be a finding week. We have a goal for 6 new investigators this week so we will see if i can make it. The Spanish people are so nice and i have met a lot of awesome recent converts. The branch here has about 50 people in it. I am surprised sometimes at how much the members want to help. It is going really well. I am not too worried about the speaking I know that it will come in time. Tonight I am supposed to invite luiz to be baptized so we will see how it goes. My first contact was on the street it went pretty well it was with a Guatamalan named Julia. She just took our number but I knew that she wouldn't answer. My first door contact was a very drunk hispaninc man that would listen but i am sure that he didn't remember us the next day so that is pretty cool. Anyway i love the branch and the people. I just can't help but love them and i am really enjoying everything that is going on. Last night we had an appointment with a guy named juan hernandez. He wants to get baptized but he is waiting for his wife. Long story but I don't think he will get baptized soon, praying hard that something will happen. Umm... one of the recent converts omar just finished the book of mormon and his favorite parts is the vision of lehi, he is so awesome.

Umm... my first meal was with the castillo familia they fed us inchile which is just like a chicken with a ton of hot sauce and stuff with peppers and tons of spices. You just take one of there homemade corn tortillas and pull the chicken off the bone with it and eat it. You eat everything, sometimes it looks a little gross but you just eat it anyway.  Also had fried eggs with corn tortillas. Everything is with corn tortillas. I love everything that is going on and I love the work. I don't know how many countless times the Lord listens to your prayers and answers them for you. He has performed many miracles here. About my finger no need to worry, I don't even pay attention to it and I know that Lord will take care, i know that i am just working hard and don't worry about the lord will let my finger get back to full range of motion. I am at about 75 percent right now so all is well. I know the Lord has called me here for a reason and i can't wait to find out. I don't like right now that i can't talk to most people but it will get better. Anyway hope all is going well at home. oh um...
my new address is: 136 Willowdale dr. #31

                               Fredrick MD, 21702

 

That is my apartment or you can just send it to the mission home either one. anyway i hope you are doing well and that things will start looking better and that there wont be anymore accidents. well love you all!!!

elder pitt


No comments: