Sunday, October 19, 2008

Live from American Fork!

So, it being my turn to write our entry I have some kudos and gratitude to give out.

Thank you to Alicia, Travis and Family for making it a great conference weekend for us. We sure had a great time and the accomodations were awesome!

Thank you to Mom Pitt and who ever else watched our kids so I could go down to my Grandma's in SLC. It was good to see my Whitchurch family especially my Grandma. And thank you as well for helping us make Rebekah's birthday a memorable one!

Mostly though I want to give my kudos (great job) and gratitude to my wonderful husband. Ryan has been so supportive to me and the kids in all we do. He always has our best interest in mind and has been a real trouper in getting to be with the kids a lot more on the evening nights when I have to be gone for YW or dance. I am forever grateful that we met so long ago in the summer of 1994.

Well, September was full of fun and birthdays for us as I know it was for most all of you. We had fun celebrating Matthias' first birthday as I already posted and then a couple of days later Ryan and I had a great date out some friends of ours to celebrate Ryan's birthday. (A BIG thank you to Hyrum and Jenna for watching our kids that night!) In between the Matthias' and Ryan's birthdays, Ryan and I got to run a relay marathon with a couple of our friends and their brother. It was so much fun! We both really like to run, but it was real cool to do it in a relay and be on a team. I think the next race I am shooting for is another half-marathon some time the end of next summer.

The kids are all thriving and doing well. We just had parent teacher conferences and one of our children's teachers said "I wish the whole school was full of Pitts!" and I replied back that he could fill a couple of classrooms full of them. Anyway we are grateful are kids are having a generally positive experience in their education. I grateful I am to educators who value the individuality of each child in the classroom and looks for ways to magnify their great spirits.

Our soccer season ended last Saturday. Both Joshua and Lydia played this year and did a great job. Rebekah took the year off. She is loving her dance class and I think her teacher too. She really is an amazing dancer and it is so fun to watch her move so gracefully. Lydia is enjoying dance, but keeps asking me when she gets to go to gymnastics. Sarah is loving dance and pre-school and every day she wakes up saying is it "dance day or pre-school day?"

Our lives are full and then some, which has made me grateful for the quiet (or not so quiet) moments of the day where I get focus on just playing with kids or reading stories or just talking to Rebekah. I find that when I recognize these moments of my life that I really have nothing but gratitude to give to my Heavenly Father. What more could I ask for than a loving family, a home to raise them in and the gospel to share with them!

We hope you all know how very much we love all of you near and far. You are always in our prayers and our thoughts. Have a great October and a very spooky Halloween!

Love the Pitt clan in AF

No comments: