Friday, September 5, 2008

Dear family,                                                                                                   Sept. 1, 2008
    Another week come and gone.  I hope you enjoyed my slightly longer letter last week.   This week's will be short again seeing as we had to do some serious shopping.  Good news is though, is that the cereal was on sale so we stocked up big time.  You would have laughed to see us checking out at the grocery store.  We also had to finish moving today.  I'm not sure if I mentioned it but we are now living with a different family.  I'm still adjusting to the change a little.  We live kind of off in no man's land and our living quarters are small but they are very nice.  Sometimes a little change is good to keep ya on your toes.
    Well, the update on Wayne is a good one.  He is continuing to read, pray, and come to church.  We found a good fellowshipper for them and his wife finally joined us for a lesson and seems interested as well.  The greatest part is that they have both recognized blessings in their lives because of the gospel.  Wayne admits that he is considerably more happy and confident.  It is really cool. 
    I must mention that the highs and lows of this week were, shall we say, very extreme.  I think in order for me to continue to progress I needed to be humbled a bit.  I have recognized over this past week that there are some major weaknesses that I need to overcome.  I am doing my best to do better and to pray for help, but the hard thing is that there is never enough time to really evaluate and make plans as to how I can improve in the different areas.  Time just goes so fast it's like I'm just trying to get by.  I guess I just need to really make it a priority because now is probably the best time I'll ever have to work through many of my imperfections.
As a companionship Elder Williams and I are really trying to work on applying things we learn and study about.  That is always the hard part, applying it.  It has been fun to see us grow.
    The ward here is trying to get the members more involved in the missionary efforts.  President Jensen gave us some direction from Elder Perry on how that should work, so we are trying to make it happen here.  But it is tough.  Members are so busy and are so scared to share the gospel.  It is kind of frustrating being only 19 because I want to make so much happen but I have to be careful not to overstep any bounds.
    Well family, life is good.  Challenges and trials push us towards becoming who God wants us to be and for that I'm grateful.  Stay safe and be happy.
                                                                                                                                                      Love, Elder Pitt


See how Windows Mobile brings your life together—at home, work, or on the go. See Now

No comments: