Monday, October 24, 2011

HJW

Well family, we finally got it worked out so that we can contribute to the blog...not sure what happened there for a while but it wouldn't let me in :)

Anyhow...where to start??? Things in Vegas are going great, it is finally cooling down a little bit but still not cold enough to really need a jacket (unless you go outside at like 3 in the morning).  Jenna has been busy taking care of the Will Man and being the best wife I could ever ask for.  She is really in to decorating the house but not really the conventional way...It usually starts out with her seeing a great idea online, then she tweaks it a bit (usually for the better), then comes the hunt to find all the parts and pieces, followed by some spraypaint, fabric, screws, nails, varnish, glue and most definitely some caulk to fill up all my mistakes with the saw.  In the end it always looks really good and I am amazed with the way she can just see things in her head and then VoilĂ ! a very cool custom piece of home decor.  My favorite part of it all is that I have had to really invest in some good tools, i mean they are really for her I just get to use them;)  While I am talking about Jenna I just thought I would mention that we have been battling some health issues with her lately.  For over a year now she has been getting this terrible heartburn and it has only gotten worse.  When she gets it really bad, it basically makes her unable to much of anything as it hurts even up into her ears and head (yeah I know, real weird).  Anyhow, we have gone to multiple doctors and she is going in for a x-ray/catscan type ordeal tomorrow so hopefully the doctor will finally give us some indication as to how to treat it.  Until now his best suggestion is to take our her gallbladder but said that even that might not help much.  The only thing that is giving her some bit of relief is drinking aloe vera juice (which was not doctor prescribed by the way...Jordy I think you need to change the medical industry as I feel like I spent a large amount of money for very poor service and then find a little remedy online that points me to the nearest whole foods to buy aloe vera juice...seriously).  Anyhow, the reason for telling you this is that modern medicine can't seem to find a cure but I am sure some good prayer could do the trick.  Amongst your list of people and things to pray for, fee free to add Jenna to that list.

On a happier note, this weekend we are throwing a murder mystery Halloween get together with 6 other couples from our ward.  It is kind of a scary circus theme and Jenna is going to be the clown and I am the FBI agent.  We are really excited as we think this will finally be a way to meet some of the other young couples in the ward.  She we were banished to the nursery, we basically haven't met anyone.

Work for me is going great.  We have about five times more projects that we did last year at this time and at a time when some companies are going out of business, we are hireing.  We have added about 5 employees to the office and another 5 or so in the field so things are looking pretty good.  We picked up a project today and are bidding another on Wednesday.  I have already turned in 5 proposals this month, and have two more to go out tomorrow.  Needless to say this month has been BUSY and I think Jenna will be happy to have her husband back come November.

So the last (but definitely not least) member of our little family, WILL.  What a character he is turning out to be.  He is a very fun and smart little kid and I really love playing around with him.  We recently enrolled him in a little soccer class for 2-3 year olds at the indoor soccer place so you can imagine how excited I am.  Along with being sporty, he is also pretty artsy and Jenna always has fun things for him to do.  Since you probably haven't even gotten this far down the page...i am getting a little lengthy on this post, I will just finish with a couple of pictures.

 This is one of Will's favorite outdoor activities...sidewalk painting.
 Will often gets caught eating straight butter.  He called it cheese for a while but just can't get enough of the stuff.
 Thinking about selling these works of art on Ebay.
 A little Father Son bonding as I tried to teach Will how to build a computer.
And finally...Some guy in Jenna's Parent's ward has some old fire engines and will got the chance to go play on them...HE LOVES CARS:) 

Hope to hear from you all soon.

No comments: